Is Hemp Oil good for Skin?
... Yes!Hemp seed oil is a very nurturing substance for the skin and it is used, by many people, to treat chronic conditions like adult acne, eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis. It reduces moisture loss within the skin, so it is an effective solution for perpetual or seasonal dryness.
How to use hemp oil on the face
A few effective ways you can use hemp oil for the face are as;
- Moisturiser - pure hemp oil can be used directly on the skin to alleviate dryness. Just rub directly on dry or cracked areas on the face. Also try our range of hemp face creams.
- Makeup remover - Hemp oil can dissolve the oils and waxes in makeup. Rub a small amount into the makeup and wipe of with cotton or soft tissue.
- Facial Mask - massage hemp oil into cleansed facial skin at bedtime.
- Facial spa - Massage a tablespoon of hemp oil into your face for several minutes. Lay a very warm washcloth on your face until it cools, repeat then cleanse the face.
- Acne - It might sound contradictory but hemp oil actually helps alleviate acne. Massage the oil into problem areas daily, it will draw out the sebum which blocks the pores and causes breakouts.
How to use hemp oil on the body
The use of herbal remedies to treat acne is not new, however hemp seed oil is a little different from other remedies because it can treat symptoms of acne without causing the skin to break out. As conditions like psoriasis and acne are often caused by lack of omega 6 fatty acid in the diet, hemp oil makes sense as a topical or dietary treatment. It hydrates the skin and reduces redness and inflammation and also supports the skin in regulating the production of sebum.
Ways you can use hemp oil on the body;
- Dry skin - for a deep conditioning treatment on hand and feet, rub hemp oil in before bedtime and wear socks/gloves overnight.
- Nails - Massage a small amount of hemp oil directly on nails and cuticles. Great for both hands and feet.
- Overall health - hemp oil's nutritional benefits can also nourish the skin from the inside out by including it in your diet. Use for dips or dressings. Do not heat as that destroys it's nutritional content.